Hello! Welcome to our Blog page. With blogs about the network, SFYN places, SFYN events and much more...
Create your own Disco Soup on World Disco Soup Day 2018!
Join us on World Disco Soup Day 2018! Fight food waste the fun way!
Saturday 28 of April the second edition will take place, all over the world!
From Uganda to Japan, Brazil to the Netherlands, our global Slow Food Youth Network (SFYN)joins forces for World Disco Soup Day. On this day, all over the world, we throw parties where organizers and visitors turn foodwaste into a discosoup! An event to cook, eat and dance together. Showing the fun way to save food, while thinking seriously about the amount that goes to waste.
Last year we organized the first ever World Disco Soup Day. Together with tens of thousands of people we danced all day long and saved serious amounts of food. We turned more than 5000 kilograms of food into 25,000 meals. Over a hundred Disco Soups were organized, in 40 countries, across 5 continents.
The event will be even bigger this year. All the local disco soups will work together on the same day, making a global impact for the future ahead!
Everyone can organize a Disco Soup!
All you need to do is get in touch with farmers, wholesalers, markets, shops and supermarkets to see if they can donate some food instead of throwing it away. Then, with some tables, tools and at least one big pan you’ve got a Disco Soup going!
DIY Disco Soup in 7 easy steps:
- Find an easy-access location where people can sit or dance with access to electricity.
- Find food waste! Ask farmers, (super)markets and bakers if you can collect their unsold food that would otherwise go to waste.
- Find your friends! You’ll need a group of enthusiastic people who can help you collect all the food waste, cut a lot of veggies and love to dance.
- Register your Disco Soup on the world map and find your local event among all the international ones!
- Make an invitation and ask people to bring their own bowls and cutlery. Create a Facebook event, link to the SFYN page and share some inspiring photos or videos beforehand. Create a buzz!
- Add your Disco Soup-song to the World Disco Soup Day 2018 playlist. Did you know that there’s a global Spotify playlist where everybody can add their own Disco Soup music? We’ll be dancing to the same beats worldwide!
- Serve soup and dance! – filling bellies instead of bins.
So, do you want to join us for the second edition on 28 April, 2018? Organize your own local Disco Soup? Check out all the info here! Join the organizers Facebook page or send us an e-mail: email@example.com
Curious now, what a Disco Soup looks like?
See for yourself, on our Instagram!