Hello! Welcome to our Blog page. With blogs about the network, SFYN places, SFYN events and much more.. follow us, and you won't miss anything!
Create your own Disco Soup on World Disco Soup Day 2017!
Join us on World Disco Soup Day 2017!
Disco Soup started 5 years ago as Schnippeldisko in Berlin, Germany, a “protest soup” against food waste that fed 8000 people. Throughout the food system there’s an enormous amount of perfectly good food being wasted; whether it’s vegetables left to rot in the fields, food discarded by supermarkets or consumers not using what they buy. Disco Soup aims to raise awareness of this global problem by showing that all this “waste” is actually perfectly edible, even it requires a little effort.
All you need to do is get in touch with farmers, wholesalers, markets, shops and supermarkets to see if they can donate some food instead of throwing it away. Then, with some tables, tools and at least one big pan you’ve got a Disco Soup going!
DIY Disco Soup in 6 easy steps:
- Find an easy-access location where people can sit or dance with access to electricity.
- Find food waste! Ask farmers, (super)markets and bakers if you can collect their unsold food that would otherwise go to waste.
- Find your friends! You’ll need a group of enthusiastic people who can help you collect all the food waste, cut a lot of veggies and love to dance.
- Make an invitation and ask people to bring their own bowls and cutlery. Create a Facebook event, link to the SFYN page and share some inspiring photos or videos beforehand. Create a buzz!
- Add your Disco Soup-song to the World Disco Soup Day 2017 playlist. Did you know that there’s a global spotify playlist where everybody can add their own Disco Soup music? We’ll be dancing to the same beats worldwide!
- Serve soup and dance! – filling bellies instead of bins.
April 29th is the first Global Disco Soup Day, so serve as much soup as possible and dance!
Do you want to join us and organize your own local Disco Soup? Let us know!